The Clubhouse Philosophy
The Clubhouse strives to create a "home away from home" environment for the students. The Clubhouse provides each student with a safe, caring and educationally enriched environment. We believe the Clubhouse should be a place where each student can have fun, find needed support and homework help, develop self-esteem and socialization skills, and have the opportunity for educational and emotional growth and development.
The Clubhouse is open to currently enrolled Middle School students in the San Mateo-Foster City School District with the exception of The S.T.E.M. Bayside Academy. Our carefully selected and well-trained staff offers a well-planned, quality program that is intended to develop the whole child. We offer a balance between structured and self-initiated activities that are age appropriate and reflect the students’ interests and the staff’s talents and expertise.
Hours During the School Year
- The Clubhouse is open on regular school days and minimum school days from the time school is dismissed until 6:00 p.m. On no-school days, the Clubhouse is open from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The Clubhouse is closed on most national holidays. The monthly calendar will indicate those dates.
Four Basic Program Components
- Group activities planned for the Clubhouse include a variety of arts and crafts, literature, cooking, science projects, and other enrichment activities.
- Individual free choice activities offered by the Clubhouse include games, art, books, educational computer games and more.
- The Clubhouse program offers both planned group sports activities and free choice activities with appropriate sports equipment provided.
- Adult instruction is provided for Clubhouse students for various sports activities.
- The Clubhouse offers homework support every day. A quiet area with our well-trained staff allows students the appropriate time per grade level to work on assignments as suggested by the District homework guidelines.
- Computers and Internet access are available for student use during homework and free activity time. Appropriate software for educational information, practice, and enrichment are also available.
- Our academic skill building aligns with our District Standards. The Clubhouse staff communicates with the classroom teachers as needed regarding assignments and other relevant school matters.
- The Clubhouse provides daily nutritious snacks