2013-2014 New Student Registration begins February 25th
Registration in the San Mateo-Foster City School District for the 2013-2014 school year is about to begin. Parents registering new students should familiarize themselves with this process.
New Student Priority Registration Period
New Student Priority Registration for entering Transitional Kindergarten - 8th grade students will take place at all San Mateo and Foster City schools Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 15, 2013. Priority registration is used to determine school and grade level capacity and is not a guarantee of enrollment.
- Students are eligible to enter Kindergarten if they have reached 5 years of age on or before October 1, 2013.
- Students are eligible to enter Transitional Kindergarten if they turn 5 years of age on or between October 2 - December 2, 2013.
Parents should contact their school of assignment for more specific registration details. Parents may use the School Finder to determine their school of assignment or contact the Student Services Department at (650) 312-7345. For more information, please see the Student Registration page on the District website.
New Student Registration
Welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District. Please take a moment to review our 2013-14 SM-FCSD Welcome Handbook for an overview of our District, important information on new student registration and highlights of our outstanding magnet school programs.
All students in the San Mateo-Foster City School District (SM-FCSD) are assigned to a school based on their home address, however, actual enrollment is based on space availability at the school site. Parents may use the School Finder lookup tool to determine their school of assignment or contact the District Office at (650) 312-7700. Note: The School Finder lookup tool provides a preliminary neighborhood school assignment based on the address provided. Actual enrollment is based on space availability at the school site.
To register your child in the San Mateo-Foster City School District:
1) Review the 2013-14 SM-FCSD Welcome Handbook.
2) Complete Registration Forms
Paper Registration - If you are registering for one of the following schools, open the 2013-14 New Student Registration Packet and complete all required forms:
• Baywood • Horrall • Parkside
• Beresford • Laurel • San Mateo Park
• College Park • North Shoreview • Sunnybrae
• Fiesta Gardens
Middle Schools (only for students NEW to the SM-FCSD)
• Borel Middle School
• THE Bayside STEM ACADEMY
Online Pre-registration - Beginning February 1, 2013, students that will be NEW to the San Mateo-Foster City School District in the 2013-14 school year can pre-register online for the schools listed below. If you have a child that currently attends an elementary school in our District, you should not use this system. Current 5th grade students are automatically assigned to a middle school based on their home address and do not need to complete a new student registration packet.
Elementary Schools (North Shoreview is no longer online, please use the paper registration method)
• Audubon • Foster City • Highlands
• Brewer Island • George Hall • Meadow Heights
Middle Schools (only for students NEW to the SM-FCSD)
• Abbott Middle School
• Bowditch Middle School
If you do not have access to a computer or if you need forms in Spanish, open the 2013-14 New Student Registration Packet (English or Spanish) or pick up a paper packet at your school office. Please Note: Online pre-registration is not a guarantee of enrollment - you are still required to go to your school of assignment with all required forms and original documents to complete your registration in person during the New Student Priority Registration period beginning February 25, 2013.
Click here to enter the SM-FCSD Internet Pre-Registration Website
3) Print out 2 copies of each form and sign them.
4) During the New Student Priority Registration period beginning February 25, 2013, go to your school of assignment to register in person. You will need to bring all original documents as well as 2 completed copies of all required registration forms.
Required Registration Forms and Documents
The following forms and original documents are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District:
• 2013-14 New Student Registration Packet or Online Pre-registration Confirmation Form for selected schools, see above.
• Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry (encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
• Child’s original Birth Certificate or Passport
• Child's original, up-to-date Immunization Record
• Parent Identification - Driver license or other photo I.D.
• Proof of Residency - One original proof of residency is required from each of the following groups:
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, student name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current property tax bill
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), must be dated within the past 60- days. New residents will have 30 days following enrollment to bring a utility bill.
* Affidavit of Residence - If both the student and the parent are living in a home where the parent's name does not appear on the proof of residence, both the parent and the person with whom the parent/student resides must sign an Affidavit of Residence, submit two original proofs of residency (one from each group listed above), and a picture ID in person. The parent is then required to submit an additional original proof of residency in their name within 30 days. A renewed Affidavit and proof of residency may be required each subsequent year.