2015 Kindergarten Information Meetings
If you have a child turning 5 by September 1, 2015 come to the San Mateo-Foster City School District Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Information Meeting on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at the Bayside Performing Arts Center - 2025 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo. Due to the large number of attendees last year, we will have two meetings - one from 9:00-10:30 am and another from 6:00-7:30 pm. Please attend only ONE session per family as space is limited and the content is the same for both meetings. Parents will learn more about:
- How to register your child for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten
- How to request a transfer to another school in the district
- Our fantastic magnet school programs
Spanish translation is available. Meetings are for parents only please, no child care available.
New Student Registration for the 2015-2016 School Year
The online pre-registration portal for the 2015-2016 school year will open on February 9, 2015. Parents will then complete their registration in person at their school site during our Priority Registration period from March 7 - March 24, 2015. Please complete your online pre-registration before registering at your school site.
New Student Registration for the 2014-2015 School Year
Welcome to the San Mateo-Foster City School District (SMFCSD). Please take a moment to review our 2014-2015 SMFCSD Welcome Handbook for an overview of our District, important information on new student registration and highlights of our outstanding magnet school programs.
All students in the District are assigned to a school based on their home address, however, actual enrollment is based on space availability at the school site. Parents may use the School Finder Lookup Tool to determine their school of assignment or contact the District Office at (650) 312-7700. The School Finder Lookup Tool provides a preliminary school assignment based on the address provided. Actual enrollment is based on space availability at the school site.
To register your child in the San Mateo-Foster City School District:
1) Review the 2014-2015 SMFCSD Welcome Handbook
2) Complete the online pre-registration process
Students that are NEW to the District in the 2014-2015 school year will pre-register online.
All students in the District are assigned to a school based on their home address, however, actual enrollment is based on space availability at the school site. You will be pre-registering your student for the school assigned to your home address. Online pre-registration is not a guarantee of enrollment - you are still required to go to your school with all required forms and original documents to complete the registration in person.
For parents who do not have access to the internet, paper applications will be available at the District Office and school sites. At this time, the online system is only available in English.
3) If you are unable to complete the online pre-registration process, complete paper registration materials
Open the 2014-2015 New Student Registration Packet and complete all required forms. If you do not have access to a computer or if you need forms in Spanish, open the 2014-2015 New Student Registration Packet and complete the pdf fillable forms in (English or Spanish) or pick up a paper packet at your school office.
4) Once you have completed your online pre-registration, print out a copy of your registration forms and sign them
5) Go to your school of assignment and complete your registration
Please bring all original registration documents (see required documents below) and forms to your school in order to complete your registration.
Required Registration Documents
The following forms and original documents are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District:
• Online Pre-registration Confirmation form or New Student Registration Forms
• Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry (encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
• Child’s original Birth Certificate or Passport
• Child's original, up-to-date Immunization Record
• Parent Identification - Driver license or other photo I.D.
• Proof of Residency - One original proof of residency is required from each of the following groups:
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, student name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current property tax bill
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), must be dated within the past 60- days. New residents will have 30 days following enrollment to bring a utility bill.
* Affidavit of Residence - If both the student and the parent are living in a home where the parent's name does not appear on the proof of residence, both the parent and the person with whom the parent/student resides must sign an Affidavit of Residence, submit two original proofs of residency (one from each group listed above), and a picture ID in person. The parent is then required to submit an additional original proof of residency in their name within 30 days. A renewed Affidavit and proof of residency may be required each subsequent year.