2015-2016 Kindergarten & Transitional (TK) Kindergarten Information Meetings
The San Mateo-Foster City School District would like to invite parents to attend one of our upcoming Kindergarten & Transitional (TK) Kindergarten Information Meetings on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at the Bayside Performing Arts Center - 2025 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo. If you have a child turning 5 by December 2, 2015 please plan to attend.
Due to the large number of attendees, we will have two meetings - one from 9:00-10:30 am and another from 6:00-7:30 pm. Parents should plan to attend only ONE session per family as space is limited and the content is the same for both meetings. Spanish translation is available. Meetings are for parents only please, no child care available.
For the 2015-2016 school year, students will be eligible to enter:
- Kindergarten if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2015
- Transitional Kindergarten if their 5th birthday falls on or between September 2 – December 2, 2015
We encourage parents of all incoming Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten students who are new to the district to attend this event where they will:
- Receive an overview of the District and its programs
- Learn how to register for school
- Learn more about our innovative Magnet school programs
- Find out how to transfer to another school in the district, and
- Learn more about what to expect in Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten next year
Please see the Student Registration page for more information on New Student Priority Registration for the 2015-2016 school year.
Please see the Student Transfers page for more information on the Intradistrict Transfer process for the 2015-2016 school year.
We hope you are able to attend!
New Student Registration for the 2015-2016 School Year
The online pre-registration portal for the 2015-2016 school year will open on February 9, 2015. Parents will then complete their registration in person at their school site during our Priority Registration period from March 7 - March 24, 2015. Please complete your online pre-registration before registering at your school site.
Required Registration Documents
The following forms and original documents are required to register in the San Mateo-Foster City School District:
• Online Pre-registration Confirmation form or New Student Registration Forms
• Child's original Report of Health Examination for School Entry (encouraged at Kindergarten but not required until 1st grade)
• Child’s original Birth Certificate or Passport
• Child's original, up-to-date Immunization Record
• Parent Identification - Driver license or other photo I.D.
• Proof of Residency - One original proof of residency is required from each of the following groups:
- Current rental/lease agreement listing the parent/guardian name, student name(s), and name of property manager/owner and telephone number
- Current property tax bill
- Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy
- State or federal tax return with a W-2 attached (please remove social security number and income information from these documents before submitting)
- Payroll/check stub with name and address
- Current utility bill (e.g. PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), must be dated within the past 60- days. New residents will have 30 days following enrollment to bring a utility bill.
* Affidavit of Residence - If both the student and the parent are living in a home where the parent's name does not appear on the proof of residence, both the parent and the person with whom the parent/student resides must sign an Affidavit of Residence, submit two original proofs of residency (one from each group listed above), and a picture ID in person. The parent is then required to submit an additional original proof of residency in their name within 30 days. A renewed Affidavit and proof of residency may be required each subsequent year.